Hawaii Island's unique weather combination of volcanic haze, mountain and sea breezes create some of the most colorful sunsets on the planet.
From chill to sizzle, you’ll find it all on Hawaii Island – where fiery red volcanoes coexist with lush green tropical rainforests and white sand beaches in a destination unlike any other.
Dubbed “the Big Island,” the name is fitting. It’s nearly twice the size of all the other Hawaiian Islands combined and boasts Mauna Loa, the world's largest active volcano, plus 1,660 species of flowering plants and 45 species of birds found nowhere else on Earth.
Explore the turquoise waters by boat, the rolling green hills by horseback or the mountain ranges by helicopter. With such a diversity of natural wonders and activities, an ideal climate, world-class accommodations and its famous Aloha Spirit, Hawaii Island really is the Jewel of the Pacific.
The Island of Hawai'i welcomes you! All hotels and airports continue to operate normally. For more information on the volcano activity, click here.
Hilton Waikoloa VillageRates from $247
Address: 69-425 Waikoloa Beach Drive, Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738 USA
Located on the Kohala Coast of Hawaii Island in the Waikoloa Beach Resort, the extraordinary Hilton Waikoloa Village offers breathtaking gardens, rich wildlife and tranquil waterways, making it a destination in itself.
Explore our waterfront resort by air-conditioned trams, take a leisurely stroll along flagstone walkways flanked by Polynesian and Asian artwork, and enjoy award-winning dining, world-class shopping and an array of activities.
- Spectacular pools, a swimming and snorkeling lagoon, and interactive dolphin encounters
- Canal boats and air-conditioned trams to travel the lush tropical grounds
- Kohala Spa with 25,000 sq. ft. of pampering and fitness amenities
- Two championship golf courses and eight tennis courts in a garden setting
- “Legends of Hawaii – Our Big Island Story” dinner luau
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand VacationsRates from $246
Address: 69-699 Waikoloa Beach Drive, Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738 USA
- All-suite hotel on the Big Island of Hawai
- Four distinct pools and whirlpool tub
- Golf at Waikoloa Beach Resort
- Kings Land Bistro & Lounge and Kings Land Pool Bar with TV
- Activity center with game tables, video game systems and movie
- Free shuttle to area shops and facilities at Hilton Waikoloa Village
Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by HiltonRates from $225
Address: 93 Banyan Drive, Hilo, Hawaii, 96720, USA
Boasting a stunning oceanside location with magnificent views of Hilo Bay and Mauna Kea, Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton occupies a historic site amidst a lush, tropical landscape. Feel welcome the moment you check in with a warm chocolate chip cookie on arrival.
Settle into a bright and comfortable guest room, equipped with complimentary WiFi, a large desk, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and in-room safe. For the ultimate stay, choose one of our higher floor suites, offering more space, a balcony and magnificent ocean views. Some of our oceanfront suites also boast a separate living area – making them ideal for families, casual meetings and extended-stays in Hilo.
- Free daily round of golf on the on-site 9-hole golf course
- 72-acre site with lush tropical landscape and beautiful coastal views
- Outdoor swimming pool and modern fitness center
- Large showroom for nightlife, live music and entertainment
- 20,000 sq. ft. indoor and outdoor event space
- On-site restaurant and Lobby Lounge with panoramic bay views